Silloth on Solway Golf Club has been a major golf destination for a good number of years now.
Over the years thousands of golfers from all over the world have travelled to Silloth to experience one of the finest links golf courses in the world. The links tip toes through the dunes on a beautiful stretch of land beside the Solway Firth overlooking the Scottish Borders on one side and the Lake District on the other.
Our superb golf course is a perfect visitor destination, a top quality golf course that is a challenge for all standards of golfers with a price tag that won’t break the bank.
Silloth has also had many accolades confirming the courses status as one of the best in Britain. Here are some of the main awards we have received.
Number 1 course in Britain under £100 – National Club Golfer
Number 1 course in Britain under £60 – Today's Golfer Magazine
100th best course in the world – planetgolf.com
Here are 10 reasons why you should visit Silloth on Solway Golf Club.
- Quality – The first thing to say about Silloth is how good it is. The course is a superb example of links golf at its best and is kept to the highest standard. Many visitors who have played Silloth tell us it is comparable to the Open Championship venues. Undulating fairways and firm fast greens make for a high quality golf experience
- Course Design – The layout of the course is superb. The course utilises many of the natural elements of the land to provide a great layout and a challenge to all who play. Davy Grant was the original course architect and Willie Park Jnr and Dr Alister MacKenzie had a hand in the courses development over the years.
- Value for Money – To have a course of this quality and only charge £55 per day midweek means the value for money is as good as it gets. You can play a top quality course and not have to pay a premium price.
- All day golf – The midweek green fees are charged per day so you can play all day giving you more time to enjoy and appreciate the subtlety of the links. If you struggle to manage 36 holes we have buggies available to hire so you can ride in comfort whilst enjoying your golf.
- All Year Round Golf – As well as being able to play all day midweek as we are a links golf course it drains fantastically well. Even in the wettest of winters the course is in very good condition and you can play 12 months of the year without having mud splashed up to your knees!
- Catering – Our caterer, Matt Rayson is fantastic. You will struggle to find a golf course in the country with better catering. He can tailor all types of foods to your requirements and we’ve even had some groups revisit us because of the quality of the food!
- Views – Once you step onto the first tee you are met with blooming heather, patches of gorse and rolling fairways. The views across the Solway Firth to the Scottish Borders and even the Isle of Mann on a clear day are beautiful. The Lake District fells provide lovely views on the other side. There’s nothing better than a relaxing stroll round the links taking in the views.
- Professional Staff – From the moment you call to enquire about your visit our professional staff will deal with all of you requirements to ensure everything goes smoothly. You can relax and enjoy your day safe in the knowledge that everything has been taken care of.
- Location – This quiet corner of Cumbria is the perfect location to stop off on the way to and back from Scotland. For non golfers the surrounding area has lots to offer, from the stunning beauty of the lakes to the history and shopping in Carlisle. The course regularly hosts England vs Scotland society matches and many return again and again.
- Relaxation– At Silloth you can play golf at its best. All of the holes are somewhat individual and on many occasions you can play the whole round without seeing another golfer. You can play our wonderful links, relax, take in the views and enjoy the beauty of our special links golf course.
If this has wetted your appetite to play Silloth you can book your visit in any of the following ways.
Book now to play our wonderful golf course…………you won’t be disappointed